I'm a Generalist with a passion and experience for Engineering, Design, Product and Biz-Dev. I was super lucky to have started my journey early! I won my first hackathon at 15 and worked full-time as a Product Engineer at 16. I enjoy building SaaS products 👨💻, reading books 📚, meeting new people 🙌 and cooking 🍕
Founder of Nasch.io, We help companies build happier workplaces by predicting and solving problems like Burnout, Attrition and Engagement using AI and Psychology.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway
Table of Contents
Am I really a victim?
"Solomon Grundy,Born on a Monday,Christened on Tuesday,Married on Wednesday,Took ill on Thursday,Grew worse on Friday,Died on Saturday,Buried on Sunday,That was the end,Of Solomon Grundy" chanted an autistic kid suffering from a dysfunctional family. I was watching "The Accountant" few weeks back, it was midnight, and I tried to go to sleep after watching but I just could not!
Daksh is an odd fellow, who strives to make sense of this high entropy world.
Welcome to The Odd Fellow. It is my attempt as a hyperactive, confused and an inherently odd personality to understand the random world around us. I will mainly talk about my learnings about life from some very smart people in the "startup" and "venture capital" world that have impacted my life in ways that I cannot even begin to describe.
- Nasch.io - We help companies build happier workplaces by predicting and solving problems like Burnout, Attrition and Engagement using AI and Psychology.
- Adler AI - We built deep learning modules and had a goal to help enterprises become more efficient and productive, our notable clientele includes: KPMG, Duff & Phelps, Bank of Karnataka, etc.
- Kindle2PDF is the easiest and most secure way to convert your kindle highlights into a PDF!
- Spontaneous allows developers to spontaneously catch their errors in production runtime with an Agile UI. It helps enterprises save over €3000/dev/month on average in Europe. We presented this project at Hack.IT@BVP where it won the first prize.
- DataGenius is a tool that allows data scientists to extract repetitive "unstructured" data from PDFs. It also has a Squad 2.0 based Question Answering system, which allows users to ask questions based on the extracted data. It came in top 10 at HackTIET.
- YTRCP stands for YouTube Random Comment Picker. It allows content-creators to pick giveaway winners, watch their realtime subscriber count and download thumbnails from YouTube videos.
- VSCode Hex-to-RGBA allows designers to convert CSS Hex Code to RGBA on VSCode easily. It has over 19K+ Downloads.
- MarsTime is a tool that converts "Earth time" to "Mars time" using your browser!
- Modiscript Web UI is a programming language for the Next Billion Indians. I built a Web Server on flask and a UI based on Vuetify for this amazing programming language.
PS: This is built for fun, it is not to be taken seriously at all towards any agenda.
- Fellow at DSH (Draper Startup House) India
- Top 80 Social Innovators - Atal Innovation Mission / Youth Co:Lab India
- Mentor/Judge - HackJNU
- Academic Excellence Award - Indirapuram Public School
- Mentor - Tensorflow at Google Code-In
- 1st Prize Hack.IT@BVP
- Finalist (Top 10) HackTIET
- Finalist (Top 10) B-Plan Bits Pilani
- Self Driving Car Scholarship - KPIT
- Second Prize - Frontend - Jaipuria
- 100% Scholarship Generation Blockchain - IIT Delhi
- 1st Prize Webathon - IMS Ghaziabad
What's the primary goal in your life?
Playing positive sum games and being happy without need for an external stimulus.
Can we meet / socialize?
Ofcourse, I love to meet new people! Schedule a time with me below:
What Distro do you use?
I used to distro-hop a lot, used archlinux with git, stable and zen kernel for years. Now I just use elementaryOS because of the simplicity and the fact that it gets my work done without much hassle.
Plus I really like the default font and display configuration, it's very crispy.
Update Nov 2020:
I've moved on from desktop Linux in favor of WSL 2. I'm able to use all the tools I used to use on my desktop as smoothly as I can on WSL and I get the added benefit of Windows App and Games.
Don't judge me for making this decision, it has actually increased my productivity and the tools I used to use have not changed in any major way.
What editors do you use?
I use Neovim with
gruvbox-materialtheme, my neovim config looks like following:
What Desktop Environment / Window Manager do you use?
I just use pantheon which comes by default on elementaryOS. it's stupid simple.
I use a simple i3 with lightdm as my login manager. I've tried almost every wm from i3 to dwm.
My previous config used to look like:
What's your programming font?
I use Iosevka Nerd Font with JoyPixels as an emoji font!
© 2020 Daksh Miglani